Meyer Lemon Pastry Cream
Use this pastry cream as a filling for a jelly roll style cake, layer cake, tart
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 3/4 cup Meyer lemon juice
- 1 1/4 cups whole milk or half-and-half
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 6 large egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon lemon oil or lemon extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a heavy saucepan over medium heat, bring the lemon juice, milk, and half of
the sugar to a boil.
- Meanwhile, beat the egg yolks with the sugar until thick and light in color,
then beat in the cornstarch and flour until smooth and well blended.
- Whisking briskly, add about half of the hot milk mixture to the yolk mixture.
Return the hot milk and yolk mixture to the saucepan and continue cooking over medium-low
heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is boiling. Let the mixture boil, stirring,
for about half a minute. Stir in the lemon and vanilla flavorings. Spoon into a
bowl and cover the surface with plastic wrap so it won't form a tough skin.
- Chill thoroughly and use in pastry, tart, pie or other desserts.
Prep Time: 15 min | Cook Time: 10 min | Chill: 1 hr | Makes 2 cups
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Pastry Filling Recipes