Pastry-Wrapped Raspberry Crisps
A bit more elegant than the average crisp, these pretty single-serving desserts
are still quick to prepare.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon plus 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) chilled unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1/4 cup frozen vegetable shortening, cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons raspberry preserves (with seeds)
- 1 (6 ounce) basket raspberries
- Crust: Combine flour, 1 teaspoon sugar and salt in processor. Add butter
and shortening; process until mixture resembles coarse meal. Transfer 1/2 cup of
mixture to bowl and add 1 tablespoon sugar; reserve for topping. Cover; chill.
- Add water and lemon juice to mixture in processor; blend, using on/off turns,
until moist clumps form. Gather dough into ball; flatten into disk. Wrap in plastic;
chill until firm enough to roll, about 30 minutes. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Keep
refrigerated. Let dough soften slightly before rolling out.)
- Filling: Place rack in lowest position in oven and preheat to 400 F. Place
preserves in medium bowl; stir to loosen texture. Fold in raspberries.
- Roll out dough on lightly floured surface to 1/8-inch thickness. Using 6-inch-diameter
saucer as template, cut out four 6-inch-diameter rounds. Spoon 1/4 of raspberry
filling (about 1/3 cup) in center of each round, leaving 1-inch border at edges.
Working with 1 pastry at a time, fold dough over edge of filling, pinching dough
at 1-inch intervals. Using spatula, transfer to heavy large baking sheet, spacing
apart. Sprinkle reserved topping mixture over exposed filling of each pastry.
- Bake crisps until crusts are golden, about 35 minutes. Let stand on baking sheet
- Serving: Transfer to plates; serve warm with whipped cream.
Yield: 4 servings
Source: Bon Appetit - June 1996
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Dessert Pastry Recipes