Pineapple Cheese Baklava
This won a $25,000 prize in the National Pineapple Cooking Contest a number of
- 1 (1 pound 4 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 8 sheets filo dough
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Drain pineapple, reserving syrup. Combine the cheeses, 1/2 cup sugar, egg yolks,
lemon rind and vanilla extract in a bowl and beat with mixer until smooth. Stir
in drained pineapple.
- Butter a 12 x 9-inch baking pan and place one sheet filo in it. Butter the filo.
Repeat with three more sheets filo, buttering each. Spoon pineapple-cheese mix over
and spread until level. Cover with remaining four sheets of filo, buttering each.
Mark pastry into diamonds and bake for 50 minutes, or until golden.
- Combine 1/2 cup reserved pineapple juice with remaining sugar and lemon juice
and cook to a thick syrup. When baklava is baked, spoon hot syrup evenly over the
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Dessert Pastry Recipes