Pumpkin Pastry Cream
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 4 large egg yolks plus 3 whole eggs
- 1 cans pure pumpkin
- 1 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- In a heavy-bottomed saucepan, whisk together the brown sugar, cornstarch and
1/4 teaspoon salt. Whisk in the milk, then whisk in the egg yolks. Stirring constantly,
bring the mixture to a simmer (about 8 minutes). Simmer, whisking, until thickened,
1 to 2 minutes. Whisk in the pumpkin and ginger and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Transfer the pumpkin mixture to a bowl and stir in the vanilla. Place a piece
of parchment paper directly against the surface.
- Refrigerate the pastry cream until chilled, at least 2 hours and up to 2 days.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Dessert Pastry Recipes