Raspberry Cream Puffs
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups Cool Whip
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries, thawed and mashed, or 1/2 cup raspberry jam
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Shells: In a large saucepan, bring water and butter to a full rolling boil. Reduce
heat to low, and using a wire whisk, stir in flour vigorously, until mixture forms
a ball (about one minute). Remove from heat.
- Beat in eggs, all at one time, and
continue beating until smooth. It is best to use a sturdy spoon, such as a wooden
spoon for this step.
- Drop dough by heaping teaspoonsful onto an ungreased baking
sheet. (About 12 evenly spaced mounds).
- Bake until puffy and golden colored, 30 to 35 minutes.
- Cool in draft-free area.
- Using a serrated knife, cut off tops and
pull out filaments of soft dough, leaving a hollow shell with a lid. Fill each shell
with filling (below) and dust with the confectioners' sugar a few minutes before
- Filling: In a medium size mixing bowl, fold together whipped topping and raspberries
until mixed well. Spoon into baked shells according to instructions above.