Raspberry Napoleons 2
- 4 sheets phyllo dough
- 1/2 cup clarified butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon combined with 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup ground almonds
- 4 cups fresh raspberries
- 1 cup whipped cream
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Place one sheet of phyllo dough on a large flat work surface and brush lightly
with clarified butter. Sprinkle evenly with three or four tablespoons of cinnamon
sugar and one tablespoon of ground almonds. Repeat with three more sheets of phyllo
dough ending with just butter on the top layer. Cut into three to four inch rounds
(or any shape you choose) using a cookie cutter.
- Transfer the phyllo dough to a
parchment lined cookie pan and bake until lightly browned, about two to three minutes
(to keep the phyllo dough from curling as it bakes, place another sheet of parchment
paper on top of the phyllo and then put a baking pan upside down over the parchment).
- Assemble the pastries by placing one circle of phyllo on a serving plate. Cover
with raspberries and top with a dollop of whipped cream. Repeat two more times.
- Dust the final layer of phyllo with confectioners' sugar before topping the
- Garnish with a trio of raspberries and sprig of fresh mint.