Make a sweet treat for the end of summer...a flower that looks festive and tastes
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 6 Rhodes Texas™ Rolls or 12 Rhodes™ Dinner Rolls, thawed but still cold
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pistachios
- 6 tablespoons raspberry preserves
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Spray counter lightly with non-stick cooking spray.
- Flatten each Texas roll or 2 dinner rolls combined into a 3-inch circle.
Place on a large sprayed baking sheet and brush tops of rolls with egg white.
Cover with sprayed plastic wrap and let rise until double in size.
- Place pistachios on a plate.
- Remove wrap and dip rolls, top side down in pistachios, patting gently to
- Return rolls to baking sheet. With scissors or knife, make 5, 3/4-inch deep,
cuts evenly around outside edge of each roll to resemble flower petals. With
fingertips, make indentation in center of each roll. Spoon 1 tablespoon preserves
into each indentation.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 18-20 minutes.
- Remove from baking sheet and cool completely on wire rack.
- Combine all remaining ingredients until smooth and drizzle over cooled rolls.
Prep Time: 15 min | Bake Time: 18-20 min | Servings: 6
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Rhodes International - rhodesbakenserv.com
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Dessert Pastry Recipes