As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 cup cut rhubarb
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 3 cups cut rhubarb
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F. Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Sauce: Combine ingredients and cook until rhubarb is done.
- Syrup: Combine sugar and water; cook for
5 minutes. Pour into prepared baking pan.
- Roll: Sift together flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
Cut in shortening. Add milk and stir lightly. Knead on floured board.
Roll into a 12-inch square, 1/3-inch thick. Brush with melted butter. Spread dough
with cut rhubarb and roll as for a jellyroll. Cut into 1 1/2-inch slices and place in syrup in pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes. During baking, baste with the Sauce.
Yield: 8 servings
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Dessert Pastry Recipes