Strawberry Cream Puffs
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 quart strawberries, sliced
- Whole strawberries
- Mint leaves
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F. Grease a cookie sheet.
- Cream Puffs: Combine water and butter in a saucepan and heat until the water
boils. Pour the flour and salt into the hot mixture and beat thoroughly. Stir and
cook over low heat until the mixture forms a stiff ball. Remove from heat and add
unbeaten eggs, one at a time, beating thoroughly after each egg is added. Drop by
teaspoonsful onto prepared cookie sheet.
- For small puffs, bake at 450 degrees F
for 20 minutes, then at 325 degrees F for 20 minutes.
- Filling: Beat whipping cream until foamy; gradually add confectioners' sugar,
beating until soft peaks form. Fold three quarters of sliced strawberries into whipped
- Slice cream puffs in half. Fill with strawberry mixture. Arrange remaining sliced
strawberries on top; replace tops of cream puffs.
- Arrange on platter. Garnish with whole strawberries and mint leaves.
Yield: 3 dozen small puffs or 10 large puffs
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Dessert Pastry Recipes