- 1 frozen puff pastry strip (or make your own pastry)
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 recipe Pastry Cream
- 1 pint medium size strawberries
- 1/4 cup strawberry jelly
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped pistachio nuts or other nuts
- 1 small box French vanilla or plain vanilla instant pudding
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons cognac or brandy
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Pastry: Make pastry and cut into strips about 2 inches long and 1 inch wide.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for approximately 10 minutes. Cool.
- Spread Pastry Cream on each strip. Top with strawberries, pointed end up, 2 to
- Melt strawberry jelly with 1 teaspoon sugar. Let bubble 1 minute; cool slightly
and glaze each strawberry. Sprinkle nuts down sides of each strawberry strip.
- Pastry Cream: Prepare pudding mix using 1 cup milk; fold in cognac or brandy.
- Beat heavy cream until it forms soft peaks. Fold into pudding mix.
- Cover with plastic wrap. Cool.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Dessert Pastry Recipes