Almond Vanilla Pudding
- 3 pints evaporated milk or 3 pints whole milk, scalded
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup blanched almonds
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 package plain gelatine dissolved in 1/2 cup cold water
- Place all ingredients except the gelatine in the top of a double boiler over
hot water until the mixture coats a spoon, stirring occasionally.
- Dissolve gelatine in cold water and set in a small pan of hot water until it becomes transparent.
Stir into the other mixture, then cool.
- Chill before serving.