Ancho Chocolate Mousse
with Grand Marnier
- 4 ounces sweet baking chocolate
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1/4 cup Grand Marnier or other orange-flavored liqueur
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground ancho chile powder
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar, sifted
- Semisweet chocolate curls for garnish
- Combine the chocolates, Grand Marnier and ancho powder in a heavy saucepan and
cook over low heat until chocolate melts, stirring constantly. Remove from heat
and cool to lukewarm.
- Beat the whipping cream, adding the confectioners' sugar until soft peaks
form. Gently fold about one-fourth of the whipped cream into the chocolate, then
fold in the remaining whipped cream. Spoon the mousse into individual serving dishes
and chill until ready to serve.
- Garnish with semisweet chocolate curls.
Makes 6 servings.
Approximate values per serving: 403 calories, 31 g fat, 54 mg cholesterol,
4 g protein, 32 g carbohydrates, 4 g fiber, 24 mg sodium, 66 percent calories from
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Pudding, Mousse and Custard Recipes