Apple Graham Cracker Pudding
- 12 Graham crackers
- 1/2 cup brown sugar or maple syrup
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 6 medium apples
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Crush Graham crackers to make fine crumbs. Mix crumbs with brown sugar or maple
syrup and chopped walnuts in a medium-size bowl; set aside.
- Peel, core and slice apples. Arrange in buttered 8-inch square baking dish in
alternate layers with crumb mixture. Dot top with butter and pour lemon juice and
water over all. Sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees F for about
30 minutes, until apples are cooked to a jelly.
- Serve hot or cold with cream or whipped cream.
Makes 6 servings.