Here's a lovely, light dessert to serve after a heavy meal. Note that if
you don't care for apricot, you can substitute peach, strawberry, raspberry
or cherry preserves.
- 2 cups apricot preserves
- 2 thin slices lemon, unpeeled
- 1/2 cup Madeira, Cointreau or dessert sherry
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of cream of tartar
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped
- Place preserves, lemon and Madeira in blender container; blend until smooth.
- In a mixing bowl, add salt and cream of tartar to egg whites; beat until stiff.
Stir a cupful of whites into preserve mixture, then fold in the rest. Fold in whipped
- Spoon into individual compotes or a serving bowl.
Recipe Goldmine is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This is without any additional cost to you.