Apricot Cheese Kugel
- 1 (16 ounce) package wide egg noodles
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 12 eggs
- 1 (18 ounce) jar apricot preserves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- Cook noodles according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, butter and sugar until smooth;
add lemon juice and mix well. Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Drain and rinse noodles;
add to egg mixture. Spoon half into an ungreased 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Top with
half of the preserves, sprinkle with half of the cinnamon. Repeat layers.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325 degrees F for 45 minutes or until golden brown and a knife inserted
near the center comes out clean.
- Serve warm.
Kugel may be reheated in the oven or microwave.