- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup soft butter
- 1 egg
- 2 cups fresh, cooked or dried apricots, chopped
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped
- Gradually add sugar to butter, creaming well. Add egg and beat hard. Mix in apricots.
- Sift flour, measure and sift again with dry ingredients. Stir into apricot mixture.
Add nuts and mix well.
- Bake in a greased 8-inch square pan in a 350 degree F oven
for 45 minutes.
- Cut into squares.
- Serve warm with pudding sauce, custard sauce or whipped cream.
Good reheated. This pudding keeps well and it also may be frozen.