My version of bread pudding....a favorite around our house.
- 4 large size bagels*
- 3 cups milk
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup raisins (optional)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine eggs with milk and vanilla extract.
- In another bowl combine brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Add together.
- Tear bagels
into pieces and add to egg, milk, cinnamon-sugar mixture just until bread is moistened.
Put into buttered 2-quart casserole dish.
- Bake 350 degrees F for 1 hour. (I set
my dish on a cookie sheet with water.)
Shared with recipegoldmine.com from the kitchen of R.H.
* We like the blueberry bagels with blueberry syrup, but you can use strawberry
bagels with strawberry syrup...apple walnut bagels with rum sauce...just any combination