My version of bread pudding....a favorite around our house.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 4 large size bagels*
- 3 cups milk
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup raisins (optional)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine eggs with milk and vanilla extract.
- In another bowl combine brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Add together.
- Tear bagels
into pieces and add to egg, milk, cinnamon-sugar mixture just until bread is moistened.
Put into buttered 2-quart casserole dish.
- Bake 350 degrees F for 1 hour (I set my dish on a cookie sheet with water).
Shared with recipegoldmine.com from the kitchen of R.H.
* We like the blueberry bagels with blueberry syrup, but you can use strawberry
bagels with strawberry syrup...apple walnut bagels with rum sauce...just any combination
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Pudding, Mousse and Custard Recipes