Bailey's Pudding Parfaits with
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed golden brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee crystals
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) chilled unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1 1/4 cups chilled whipping cream, divided
- 12 tablespoons Bailey's Original Irish Cream
- 3/4 cup packed golden brown sugar
- 6 large egg yolks
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 12 tablespoon dried currants
- Crunch: Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine first 6 ingredients in large bowl. Add butter and rub in with fingertips
until mixture forms moist clumps. Mix in walnuts. Sprinkle mixture onto rimmed baking
sheet. Bake until golden brown and crisp, occasionally stirring gently and leaving
mixture in clumps, about 35 minutes. Cool completely. (Can be made 2 days ahead.
- Pudding: Combine 3/4 cup cream, 6 tablespoons Bailey's liqueur, sugar, yolks
and nutmeg in large metal bowl. Place over saucepan of simmering water (do not allow
bottom of bowl to touch water). Using electric mixer, beat until custard thickens
and candy thermometer registers 160 degrees F, about 8 minutes.
- Remove from over water and beat until cool, about 8 minutes. Mix in remaining
6 tablespoons liqueur. Beat remaining 1/2 cup cream in medium bowl to medium peaks.
Fold into custard. Cover and chill at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Layer 1/4 cup pudding, 1 tablespoon currants and 3 tablespoons crunch in each
of six 12-ounce goblets; repeat layering 1 more time.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate up to 1 hour.
Source: Bon Appetit - March 1999
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Pudding, Mousse and Custard Recipes