Baked Chocolate Custard
- 2 cups milk
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- In heavy saucepan, cook and stir milk and chocolate chips over low heat until
chocolate melts. Cool slightly.
- Mix eggs, sugar, vanilla extract and salt; gradually stir in chocolate mixture.
Beat just until chocolate is blended.
- Place 6 (6 ounce) custard cups in a 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan on oven rack. Divide
custard among cups. Pour hot water into pan to a depth of 1 inch.
- Bake at 325 degrees
F for 40 to 45 minutes or until knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Serve with whipped cream.