Baked Pumpkin Custard
- 1 (29-ounce) can pumpkin
- 2 cups hot milk
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup ginger snap cookie crumbs
- 4 tablespoons
melted butter or margarine
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup toasted pine
- Beat together pumpkin, milk, sugar, nutmeg and eggs in a large bowl. Stir in
ginger snap crumbs, butter and vanilla extract.
- Butter eight 10-ounce baking cups. Spoon pumpkin mixture into cups; sprinkle
tops with pine nuts.
- Place cups in a large shallow baking pan filled with hot water deep enough to
half immerse cups.
- Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 45 minutes or until custard is
- Serve at room temperature or chilled.
Makes 8 servings.
Posted by tgraddy at Recipe Goldmine May 30, 2001.