Baked Pumpkin Pudding
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1 2/3 cups sifted flour
- 1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 cup cooked or canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1 egg, unbeaten
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1 small egg
- 1 tablespoon melted butter or margarine, cooled
- 1 1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped stiff
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pudding: Sift flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, baking powder and spices together
into mixing bowl. Add shortening, water, pumpkin and nuts. Beat 2 minutes at medium
speed of electric mixer (or 300 strokes by hand). Scrape bowl constantly.
- Add egg and dates. Beat 2 minutes longer. Pour into 2 well-greased 1-quart ring molds or
one 6 1/2 cup ring mold or a 9-inch square cake pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F about
35 minutes for 1-quart ring molds, 45 minutes for 6 1/2 cup ring mold or 9-inch
- Serve warm with Creamy Sauce.
- Creamy Sauce: Beat egg until foamy. Stir in melted butter. Add confectioners'
sugar and beat until smooth.
- Blend in whipped cream and vanilla extract.
Yields about 2 cups.
Variation: Omit vanilla extract. Add 1/2 teaspoon brandy flavoring and 1/4 teaspoon
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Pudding, Mousse and Custard Recipes