Black Forest Chocolate Mousse
- 1 1/4 cups whipping cream, divided
- 1 (16 1/2 ounce) can pitted Bing cherries, in heavy syrup
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cherry brandy*
- 1/2 cup (3 ounce) semisweet chocolate chips
- Grated semisweet chocolate, for garnish (optional)
- Mint sprigs, for garnish (optional)
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- In deep, 2-quart bowl, whip cream to form firm peaks. Reserve 1/2 cup in small
bowl; cover and refrigerate.
- Set aside larger amount of cream.
- Thoroughly drain
cherries in strainer, reserving 1/4 cup of syrup in small saucepan with brandy.
- Place chocolate chips in container of blender. Bring syrup mixture to boil; reduce
slightly to about 1/4 cup. Immediately pour over chocolate chips, and blend until
completely smooth, scraping sides of container as needed. With rubber spatula, scrape
chocolate mixture into larger portion of reserved whipped cream and fold in until
- Fold in cherries, reserving 4 cherries for garnish.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 to 6 hours.
- Spoon into four stemmed dessert glasses. Dollop with smaller portion of whipped
cream, and garnish with remaining cherries, grated chocolate and mint sprigs.
Makes 4 servings.
* You can eliminate brandy and use a total of 1/3 cup syrup from cherries,
bring to a boil and reduce to 1/4 cup.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Pudding, Mousse and Custard Recipes