Blueberry Cheese Strata
- 6 slices white bread, cubed, divided
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups low fat milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Layer half the bread cubes (in a buttered 8-inch square baking dish) with berries,
sugar, cheese and remaining bread cubes.
- Combine eggs, milk, vanilla extract and salt; mix well. Pour mixture over bread;
sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Cover and refrigerate 6 to 24 hours.
- Uncover and bake at 325 degrees F for 50-60 minutes until set.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting into 6 squares.
Posted by kdipaolo at Recipe Goldmine 6/6/01 1:16:58 pm.