Brandied Cranberry Pudding
So simple, this dessert is a bright and tangy end appropriate for almost any
- 4 cups fresh whole cranberries, washed and dried
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup cognac, brandy or water
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- Heat the oven to 325 degrees F. Butter a shallow 1 1/2-quart baking dish.
- Spread the cranberries evenly over the bottom of the dish. Sprinkle 3/4 cup of
the sugar and the walnuts on top. Pour the cognac around the cranberries in the
- In a bowl, beat the eggs until foamy. Add the remaining sugar and beat until
light and fluffy. Fold in the flour and melted butter. Spoon the batter over the
top of the cranberries.
- Bake for 45 to 55 minutes or until the pudding is golden.
- To serve, spoon into individual serving dishes and top with whipped cream or
vanilla ice cream, if desired.
Makes 8 servings.
Posted by Olga at Recipe Goldmine 7:49:57am 10/19/03.
Source: The Great Holiday Baking Book
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.