Brown Sugar Pudding
This pudding is really more like raisin-nut dumplings in brown-sugar sauce.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup walnuts or pecans, chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup milk (at room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon butter (at room temperature)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon butter
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Dumplings: Mix dry dumpling ingredients; add milk and butter, stirring just until moistened.
Stir in nuts and raisins. Set aside.
- Sauce: Put sauce ingredients in a flat baking pan and bring to boil on the stove. Drop
dough into boiling sauce by rounded tablespoonsful.
- Bake for about 15 minutes.
- Serve warm.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Pudding, Mousse and Custard Recipes