Butter Pecan Mousse
- 3/4 cup pecan pieces
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
- 16 ounces
cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
- Combine pecans and butter, stirring well; spread on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350
degrees F for 5 minutes or until toasted; cool.
- Finely chop and set aside.
- Beat cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Add sugars
and vanilla, beating well. Stir in 3/4 cup toasted pecans.
- Gently fold whipped cream into pecan mixture; spoon or pipe into serving dishes.
- Garnish, if desired, with more pecan pieces.