Butterscotch Rice Pudding
- 1 cup water
- Pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup short-grain rice
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 1-quart oven-proof casserole dish.
- Bring the 1 cup water to a boil in a large saucepan. As soon as the water boils,
add the salt and the rice. Cover and cook over low heat for 15 minutes or until
all the water is absorbed.
- Pour in the milk and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes, just until the milk comes to
a boil. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract.
- In a small, heavy-bottom frying pan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the
cream and the brown sugar. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to low, and simmer for
2 minutes, stirring constantly. Pour the cream mixture into the rice. Stir well.
Spoon this into the casserole dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the pudding is thick and has a golden crust.
- Cool for 15 minutes before serving.
Makes 4 servings.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Pudding, Mousse and Custard Recipes