California Walnut Plum Pudding
Cooked plum pudding can be wrapped in plastic and refrigerated for up to 1 month or wrapped in plastic and then foil and frozen for up to 3 months. To reheat, cover with a glass bowl and heat in microwave until heated through.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon orange zest, grated
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup breadcrumbs, fresh
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon each, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger
- 1 cup orange peel, candied
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup California walnuts, toasted, chopped
- 1/2 cup apple, grated
- 1/2 cup cranberries, dried
- 1/3 cup brandy
- Grease 8-cup pudding ring mold or 6-cup ceramic pudding bowl. Set aside.
- In large bowl, beat butter with sugar until fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time; add orange zest.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour, breadcrumbs, baking soda, salt, cinnamon,
nutmeg and ginger.
- Stir in candied peel, raisins, walnuts, apple and cranberries.
- Stir half the dry ingredients into butter mixture.
- Add the brandy and stir in remaining dry ingredients just until incorporated.
- Scrape into pudding mold or bowl, smoothing top.
- Place a circle of greased parchment on surface of pudding. Cover with lid or
securely with foil. Place on rack in a deep stockpot and add boiling water until
water reaches two-thirds up the side of the mold. Cover and bring to boil. Reduce
heat to maintain a simmer, adding more boiling water to maintain level. Cook about
2 hours for pudding mold or 3 hours for a bowl, or until cake tester inserted in
middle comes out clean.
- Lift out of water and cool on rack; let stand 10 minutes before unmolding onto
Total Time 3 Hr 30 Min | Cook Time 3 Hr 10 Min | Serves 12
Nutrition 327 Calories Fat 15g Saturated Fat 6g Monounsaturated Fat 3g Polyunsaturated
Fat 5g Cholesterol 51mg Sodium 255mg Carbohydrates 47g Dietary Fiber 3g Protein
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Pudding, Mousse and Custard Recipes