Captain Hershey's Rum Pudding
- 10 eggs
- 1 cup rum or spiced rum*
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups HERSHEY'S Semi-Sweet
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
quart heavy cream
- 1 loaf Italian or French bread, cubed (about 10 cups)
- White chocolate sauce
- HERSHEY'S Chocolate Syrup
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter or oil 10 to 12 individual baking dishes.
- In large bowl with wire whisk, blend together eggs, rum, spices and vanilla extract.
- Place HERSHEY'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips, sugar and HERSHEY'S Cocoa
in heavy saucepan. Gradually blend in cream.
- Over low heat, stirring constantly, heat until HERSHEY'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate
Chips are melted and mixture is smooth. Gradually blend into egg mixture.
- Add bread, stirring to coat. Let stand until all bread is soaked (about 2 to
3 hours). Stir occasionally.
- Spoon mixture into prepared dishes.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until set.
- To serve: Turn out and re-heat in steamer 1 1/2 minutes, or heat in microwave
at HIGH 30 seconds. Place on large plate with scoop of ice cream. Drizzle with white
chocolate sauce and HERSHEY'S Chocolate Syrup. Garnish as desired.
* 1/2 cup water plus 1 tablespoon vanilla extract can be substituted for each
cup of rum.