Impress your guests with a soft and creamy custard, filled with the flavor of
- 1/2 cup C&H® Granulated Sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon water
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk, scalded
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Place 6 tablespoons sugar and 1 teaspoon water in a heavy skillet. Heat over
low heat, stirring constantly, until sugar turns into a golden syrup.
Immediately pour syrup into 9-inch pie plate. Cool until firm.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat eggs. Combine eggs with milk, vanilla extract, salt and remaining
sugar and beat until well blended. Pour over cooled caramel.
- Set pie plate in a shallow pan. Pour 1/2- to 1-inch hot water into pan.
Bake one hour or until set and a knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack. Refrigerate.
- To serve, carefully invert onto a serving platter.
Yield: 8 servings
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Pudding, Mousse and Custard Recipes