Carrot Pudding with Vanilla Sauce
- 1/2 cup butter or shortening*
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1 cup grated potato
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
* Use if you use the food processor to grate the potatoes and carrots. You can
leave it out if you grate them by hand.
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Carrot Pudding: Sift dry ingredients and spices. Stir in raisins, nuts and shredded
vegetables. Mix well. Fill greased pudding mold 2/3 full. (You can use a metal or
Pyrex bowl.) Cover tightly and steam for 3 hours.
- Serve pudding warm with sauce.
- Vanilla Sauce: Heat milk, sugar and vanilla extract. Mix flour and butter together,
stir into milk mixture. Cook until sauce has thickened and flour has cooked.
Makes 6 servings
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Pudding, Mousse and Custard Recipes