- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 eggs, separated
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatine
- 1 quart milk
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Add cornstarch to sugar; mix with egg yolks and cream well. Soften gelatin with
1/2 cup milk; set aside.
- Heat remaining milk and add slowly to egg and sugar mixture. Cook until thickened.
Add gelatin mixture to hot custard mix.
- Whip egg whites until stiff and fold into
custard. Add heavy cream, vanilla extract and salt.
- Refrigerate until congealed slightly.
- Serve in sherbet or custard dishes.
Yields 10 to 12 servings.