Charlotte Russe de Raspberry
Charlottes are molded desserts. The mold is lined with cake and filled with fruit
and custard or cream mixed with gelatin. Charlotte russe, made with ladyfingers
and rich Bavarian cream, is served with fruit sauce. In our version, raspberries
are combined with the cream filling, and toasted almonds add the final touch.
Enjoy this wonderful ladyfingers and raspberries baked dessert topped with cream
and almonds – perfect if you love French cuisine.
- 18 ladyfingers
- 1/4 cup orange-flavored liqueur
- 2/3 cup water
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatine
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons
- 1 (10-ounce) pkg. frozen raspberries in syrup, thawed
- 1 pint (2
cups) whipping cream, whipped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Grease 9-inch springform pan with butter. Split ladyfingers lengthwise. Sprinkle
cut surfaces with liqueur. Place ladyfingers around sides and in bottom of buttered
pan (cut sides facing center and top of pan).
- In small saucepan, combine water and gelatin; let stand 2 minutes to soften.
Heat mixture over low heat until gelatin dissolves, stirring occasionally. Remove
from heat. Stir in 1/4 cup sugar, lemon juice and raspberries; beat with wire whisk
until frothy. Refrigerate 15 minutes or just until mixture begins to thicken.
- Gently fold cooled raspberry mixture into whipped cream. Pour into ladyfinger-lined
pan. Refrigerate 4 hours or until mixture is set.
- Meanwhile, heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place butter in shallow baking pan. Place
pan in oven for 1 to 2 minutes or until butter is melted. Add almonds; stir until
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 8 to 10 minutes or until almonds are light
golden brown, stirring occasionally. Remove from oven. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons
sugar; stir to coat. Cool completely.
- In small bowl, combine 1/2 cup whipping cream and 2 tablespoons powdered sugar;
beat at high speed until stiff peaks form. Garnish top of dessert with whipped cream
and sugared almonds.
- Store in refrigerator.
Prep time: 40 Min | Total time: Hr 40 Min | Servings: 12
Chilled charlottes must set for hours in the refrigerator, so they are good do-ahead
desserts. Prepare this charlotte up to 12 hours in advance.
Nutrition Information: 1 Serving (1 Serving) Calories 350 (Calories from
Fat 210), Total Fat 23g (Saturated Fat 13g, Cholesterol 130mg; Sodium 55mg; Total
Carbohydrate 28g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 23g), Protein 5g
Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 15.00%; Vitamin C 10.00%; Calcium 6.00%;
Exchanges: 1 1/2 Starch; 1/2 Fruit; 2 Other Carbohydrate; 4 1/2 Fat
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Reprinted with permission from
Betty Crocker/General Mills.