Cherry Batter Pudding
- 1 cup pitted fresh cherries
- 3 tablespoons brandy (optional)*
- 1/2 cup all-purpose
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Sour cream
* If you are using the brandy, soak the cherries in brandy for 15 minutes or longer.
- Heat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Sift the flour, sugar and salt into a mixing bowl. Add the eggs and whisk until
smooth. Add the milk and vanilla extract, whisking until well blended. Stir in the
cherries and brandy.
- Place the butter in a heavy 12-inch straight-sided ovenproof skillet (or a 9
x 13-inch straight-sided metal baking pan).
- Place the pan in the preheated oven
until sizzling but not brown, about 3 minutes.
- Pour in the batter, distributing
the cherries evenly, and bake until the pudding is puffed and golden brown, about
Posted by Chyrel at Recipe Goldmine 1/15/2002 7:58 pm.