- 2 cups unsifted all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable shortening or butter, melted
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups seeded fresh or very well drained frozen or canned cherries
- Warm milk (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8-inch square-baking pan.
- Combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl. Add milk,
shortening, egg, and vanilla extract; stir just until combined. Fold in cherries
and pour into greased pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until center springs back when
lightly pressed. Cool 15 minutes.
- Cut into 6 rectangles and serve warm from pan with warm milk to pour over it,
Posted by kdipaolo at Recipe Goldmine 6/7/01 9:11:49 pm.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Pudding, Mousse and Custard Recipes