- 1 (7 ounce) can coconut
- 2 cups milk, divided
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup sliced unblanched
- Place 1 cup of the milk, the sugar and cinnamon over moderate heat in a large
pan. When it begins to boil, add coconut; stir until coconut looks transparent.
- Add the yolks beaten with the remaining milk, and stir constantly until a wide swath
appears on the bottom of the pan every time you move the spoon through the mixture.
- Butter a large platter. Empty the mixture onto it.
- Sprinkle with the almonds, then
- Serve either warm or cold.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.