Cold Biscuit Pudding
- Leftover biscuits
- Milk, heated
- 2 eggs
- Sugar (enough to sweeten)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup raisins (optional)
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Pudding: Crumble biscuits in a bowl. Add just enough hot milk to cover. Let stand
about 10 or 15 minutes.
- Mash biscuits well. Add eggs, sugar, vanilla extract or nutmeg and butter.
- Pour into a black cast iron skillet and bake at 325 degrees F until done. Baking
time will depend up on the size of the pan used.
- Chocolate Sauce: Place all ingredients except butter into a saucepan, and cook
over low heat, stirring constantly, until thick. Add butter, and stir just until
- Serve over hot Biscuit Pudding.
From the kitchen of Peggy Mc. - Calhoun, Louisiana
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Pudding, Mousse and Custard Recipes