Cold Raspberry Soufflé
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatine
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 8 eggs, separated
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup pureed fresh raspberries
- 4 tablespoons cassis
- 2 cups heavy cream
- Prepare a 2-quart soufflé dish with a wax paper collar extending 2 to 3 inches
above rim of dish. Tape into place. Oil dish and paper.
- Soften gelatin in lemon
juice and heat over low flame until dissolved and clear.
- Beat egg yolks with sugar until light and fluffy.
- Mix pureed raspberries with
cassis and add to egg yolk mixture, then add gelatin. Cook over hot water until
- Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form, then whip heavy cream until stiff. Gently
fold egg whites into raspberry mixture, then fold in whipped cream.
- Pour into the
soufflé dish and chill thoroughly.
- Remove paper collar before serving.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.