- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
- Brown sugar instead of granulated
- 1 tablespoon extra butter
- Blend sugar, flour and salt. Gradually add milk, mixing well. Cook and stir until
smooth, thickened and clear.
- At this point, add any ingredients necessary for variations. Stir a little of
the pudding very slowly into beaten egg, then return to pudding. (If you heat the
egg too quickly, it will cook a little.)
- Add butter and vanilla extract; mix well, and chill in the refrigerator.