Creamy Rice Pudding 2
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup long-grain rice
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can evaporated
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Raisins (optional)
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.
- In 4-quart microwave-safe casserole, combine whole milk and rice.
- Cover and microwave
on HIGH (100% power) until milk is absorbed by rice (7 to 9 minutes).
- Stir in evaporated milk, vanilla extract, sugar, egg and cinnamon.
- Cover and
microwave on MEDIUM (50% power) until rice is tender and liquid is nearly absorbed
(8 to 10 minutes).
- Let stand for 5 to 10 minutes; pudding will continue to absorb liquid,
and rice will soften.
- Serve warm or cold.
Makes 6 servings.