- 10 eggs
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- Grated rind of 2 lemons and 2 limes
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons unflavored gelatine
- 1/2 cup rum
- 3 cups whipping cream
- Green food coloring
- Pistachio nuts
- Beat egg yolks. Add 1 cup sugar. Add lime and lemon juices, rinds, and salt.
Cook in double boiler over hot water until thick.
- Soak gelatine in rum. Stir into hot custard. Cool.
- Beat the 10 egg whites until stiff. Add the other cup of sugar. Gradually fold
whites into COOL custard.
- Whip 2 cups of the cream, and fold into custard mixture. Add enough green food
coloring to color a delicate green. Pour into a 6-cup soufflé dish, using a collar
if necessary. Refrigerate.
- To serve, remove collar from soufflé dish.
- Whip the remaining cup of cream. Put
on top of soufflé. Decorate top with pistachio nuts and lime curls. Candied violets
and lime twists served on the top as garnishes are also very pretty.
- Serve from the dish.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Pudding, Mousse and Custard Recipes