- 10 eggs
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- Grated rind of 2 lemons and 2 limes
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons unflavored
- 1/2 cup rum
- 3 cups whipping cream
- Green food coloring
- Beat egg yolks. Add 1 cup sugar. Add lime and lemon juices, rinds, and salt.
Cook in double boiler over hot water until thick.
- Soak gelatine in rum. Stir into
hot custard. Cool.
- Beat the 10 egg whites until stiff. Add the other cup of sugar. Gradually fold
whites into COOL custard.
- Whip 2 cups of the cream, and fold into custard mixture. Add enough green food
coloring to color a delicate green. Pour into a 6-cup soufflé dish, using a collar
if necessary. Refrigerate.
- To serve, remove collar from soufflé dish.
- Whip the remaining cup of cream. Put
on top of soufflé. Decorate top with pistachio nuts and lime curls. Candied violets
and lime twists served on the top as garnishes are also very pretty.
- Serve from the dish.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.