- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups chopped dates
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 cups light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Mix first 3 ingredients. Add next 3 ingredients. Mix well. Pour into 13 x 9-inch
baking dish. Mix last 3 ingredients. Pour on top of flour mixture (do not stir in
- Bake at 325 degrees F for one hour.
- Place wax paper on top of dish after pudding is baked to keep moisture from escaping.
- Remove wax paper after pudding is cooled and replace with plastic wrap.
- Serve with whipped cream.
Pudding is best served the next day.