- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 package unflavored gelatine
tablespoons dark rum
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1/2 cup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 egg
- Crushed peppermint candies for (garnish)
- Beat egg yolks and 1/2 cup sugar in stainless steel bowl over hot water on top
half of double boiler until they lighten in color and become fluffy (about 2 minutes).
- Add gelatine that has been softened in rum and brandy, to egg mixture and continue
beating for another minute. Remove mixture from heat and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whip cream, 1/2 cup sugar, nutmeg and vanilla extract together.
- Beat egg whites until they form firm peaks. Fold whipped cream into chilled gelatine
mixture, mixing thoroughly. Carefully fold in egg whites.
- Chill for 4 to 6 hours.
- Garnish with crushed peppermint candies.
Serves 4 to 6.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.