- 2 cups vanilla wafers, crushed
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1 (16
ounce) box confectioners' sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
(8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen strawberries,
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1/2 pint whipping cream, whipped
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.
- Combine vanilla wafer crumbs and melted butter; make a crust with this mixture
in a greased, oblong, 2-quart casserole.
- Mix confectioners' sugar, eggs and 1 cup butter. Beat for 15 minutes —
no less! Spread this pudding over the crust.
- Layer the thoroughly drained pineapple
over the pudding; next layer the strawberries. Sprinkle nuts over fruit. Top with
layer of whipped cream.
- Cut into squares to serve.
Variation: Substitute 3 to 5 sliced bananas and 1 bottle maraschino cherries
(drained and chopped) over pineapple for the strawberries.