Fresh Bing Cherry Flan
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 pint fresh Bing cherries, pitted and chopped
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 4 whole eggs
- 2 egg yolks
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Place sugar and water in a very clean saucepan. Cook over medium high heat until
the sugar begins to brown. Watch constantly but do not stir.
- Remove from heat and divide among 4 oven safe custard cups. Set aside.
- For the flan: Combine all ingredients except the cherries and whisk together
- Divide the flan mix among the 4 cups. Equally divide the chopped cherries among
the 4 cups. Place the custard cups in a large roasting pan and fill pan with hot
water until it reaches the middle of the cups.
- Bake at 250 degrees F for 3 hours until middle of custard is just set. It will
firm up as it cools.
- Remove cups from water bath and chill until completely set.
- To serve: Run a knife around the outside edge of each flan. Invert onto a dessert
plate, and shake gently until flan releases from the cup. Serve immediately.
Yield 4 servings
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Pudding, Mousse and Custard Recipes