Grand Marnier Ultimate Chocolate Pudding
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened process cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 cups milk
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup Grand Marnier liqueur
- 2 envelopes plain gelatine
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Working over a large bowl, sift 1/2 cup of sugar with the cocoa, cornstarch and
salt. Whisk in 1/2 cup of milk to make a smooth paste. Scrape the bottom of the
bowl with a rubber spatula to be sure everything is well mixed.
- Melt the finely chopped semisweet chocolate in a double boiler.
- In a nonstick medium saucepan combine the heavy cream with the remaining 1 1/2
cups of milk and 1/2 cup of sugar and simmer over a moderately high heat stirring
nonstop for 30 seconds.
- Reduce the heat to moderately low and stir in the cocoa
paste and the melted chocolate from the double boiler, whisking constantly. Simmer
for 3 minutes.
- Add the vanilla extract and stir in the gelatine with 1/3 cup of
water. Blend well. Sprinkle 1/4 cup of Grand Marnier over, and stir with spatula
until the pudding is smooth.
- Pour the pudding into 6 glasses and let cool.
- Cover the puddings and refrigerate until set.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Pudding, Mousse and Custard Recipes