This pudding is particularly good following a Mexican meal.
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 1/3 cups cornstarch
cup cool water
- 3 egg whites, beaten
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon
- Grated nutmeg
- Stir brown sugar into boiling water.
- Mix cornstarch and cool water. Add to brown
sugar mixture, and cook over medium heat until thickened, about 15 minutes.
slightly. Pour over beaten egg whites. Add almond extract, and fold gently. Chill.
- To prepare custard sauce, whisk together egg yolks, sugar and cornstarch. Add
to milk and cook over medium heat, continuing to whisk until thickened. Stir in
- Scoop pudding into individual bowls, and top with custard sauce.
- Sprinkle with grated nutmeg.
Serves 6 to 8.