Ho-Ho Chocolate Pudding
- 2 (4 ounce) packages chocolate pudding
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatine
- 1 quart milk
- 1 ounce square unsweetened chocolate
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 10 Hostess Ho-Ho's
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- In a large saucepan, thoroughly combine pudding mix and gelatine. Stir in milk
until smooth, add chocolate. Bring to boiling over medium heat, stirring constantly
until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth, about 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla extract.
- Pour into a bowl; refrigerate covered until cold, about 1 hour.
- In a small bowl, beat 1 cup cream until stiff. Beat in 1/4 cup confectioners'
sugar until blended; chill.
- Cut each chocolate roll crosswise into 4 slices. Cover slices with a damp paper towel.
- To assemble, use scraper and fold whipped cream into pudding mixture. Pour 1
1/2 cups chocolate cream layer to top, with rows of chocolate roll slices. Then
top with the remaining chocolate cream.
- Refrigerate, covered until well chilled, several hours or overnight.
- Before serving, beat remaining 1 cup cream with remaining confectioners'
- Decorate the top with swirls of cream.
Makes 10 to 12 servings.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Pudding, Mousse and Custard Recipes