Imperial Rice Pudding
- Scant 1/2 cup white rice
- 2 1/4 cups milk
- 1 envelope gelatine
- 1/4 cup
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 cups raspberries (fresh or frozen,
thawed and well drained)
- Cook the rice in the milk for 20 minutes over medium heat. Remove from heat and
fluff with a fork.
- While the rice is cooking, soak gelatine in water.
- To the cooked rice add 2 tablespoons of the sugar, 1 teaspoon of the vanilla
extract and the salt. Add softened gelatine.
- Refrigerate, fluffing occasionally
with a fork.
- Whip cream until stiff, adding remaining 1 tablespoon of sugar and 1/4 teaspoon
- When rice is cool, but not set firmly, stir in whipped cream. Layer into a mold
with fresh raspberries.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, until set.
- Unmold before serving
and additional raspberries or raspberry syrup, if desired.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.