Incredible Rice Pudding
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 cups half-and-half,
light cream or whole milk
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup cooked rice, cooled
- 4 ounces semisweet
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons chocolate-flavored syrup
- 1 tablespoon molasses*
* Equal amounts of dark corn syrup or sorghum syrup may be substituted for
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a large bowl beat together eggs, half-and-half, sugar, cocoa, and vanilla
with a rotary beater or wire whisk.
- Stir in rice and chocolate. Pour custard mixture into a 1 1/2- or 2-quart casserole.
Place dish in a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan set on an oven rack. Carefully pour 1
inch of boiling water into baking pan.
- Bake, uncovered, for 60 to 65 minutes or until a knife inserted near center comes
- To serve, spoon warm pudding into bowls. Pour 1 to 2 tablespoons Molasses-Chocolate
Sauce over each serving.
- Molasses-Chocolate Sauce: In a saucepan stir together brown sugar and cornstarch.
Stir in water, chocolate-flavored syrup and molasses. Cook and stir mixture over
medium-low heat for 2 minutes more or until thickened and bubbly.
Makes 6 to 8 servings.
Nutrition facts per serving: 401 cal., 19 g total fat (11 g sat. fat), 172
mg chol., 84 mg sodium, 52 g carb., 1 g fiber, and 10 g pro. Daily Values: 16% vit.
A, 1% vit. C, 13% calcium, and 16% iron
Posted by kdipaolo at Recipe Goldmine 7/10/01 8:27:24 pm.